this post is sponsored by Outshine
When I think summertime, I think of watermelon and strawberry ice pops. Both sound so refreshing! Ice cream month just came to an end but you can still enjoy watermelon & strawberries all summer long with this quick & easy strawberry watermelon smoothie bowl recipe. This is a great way to keep cool while enjoying a healthy snack.
serving: 2 bowls
1 mini watermelon
2 Outshine Strawberry Fruit Bars
juice from 1/2 of a lime
handful strawberries, whole or sliced
handful blueberries, whole or sliced
handful raspberries, whole or sliced
tablespoon chia seeds
sprig of mint
slices of lime
* drizzle of honey [optional] for added sweetness
*any toppings that you would like
1. Cut watermelon in half & scoop out the inside. Use the melon baller to scoop out round balls for some pieces and set those aside for garnish. Save the empty halves, for they will serve as bowls for your smoothie.
2. Freeze the watermelon scoops for one hour or until frozen.
3. Place the frozen cut-up watermelon pieces, lime juice, and Outshine Strawberry Fruit Bars into the blender & blend until it becomes thick & smooth in consistency.
3. Put the contents into the hollowed-out watermelon halves.
4. Garnish with toppings of choice & enjoy!
Let me know what toppings you would add & how you liked my recipe!
*Outshine comes in a variety of flavors and right now you can stock up and save.
Save $2 when you buy 3 or more Outshine or other Nestlé ice cream products. Find the offer here: